Tips on Piano Moving
We know that your piano is a very prized and valuable possession. Our moving experts understand this too and know how to safely and efficiently move your piano without damaging it or anything around it.
Here are a some things to consider when moving a piano:
- The Right Equipment: We use heavy-duty straps, padding, blankets, floor protection, and professional dollies.
- Protect the Keyboard: Make sure to close and lock the keyboard lid to prevent it from opening during the move. Don’t use tape to keep the lid closed.
- Wrap the Piano: We use thick blankets and padding to wrap the piano. The corners are protected and secured with packing wrap and tape. No tape contacts the piano’s surface.
- Lifting the Piano: Use professional equipment to lift and move it. Do not lift it by its legs and always keep the piano upright. Casters are secured and not used to move the piano.
- Securing It in the Truck: Place at the back of the moving truck next to the back wall to ensure it is very secure and will not move in transit. The piano should be as level as possible and weight is kept off of the legs during the transport.
- Moving In: We reverse the process at your new location. Your piano should be located by an inside wall, where it will be protected from the cold and damp.
- Get It Tuned: Lastly, any time a piano is moved, it will need to be tuned. Their inner workings are sensitive to movements and bumps. A professional tuner will have it sounding perfect again.